Speech and Language Resources
View Events/Assignments for
See Files/Links for specific information.
- ASHA - Children's Speech and Language Disorders
Speech, Language, Medical and Developmental Conditions
- ASHA - How Does your Child Hear & Talk
- ASHA - Early detection of Speech/Language and Hearing Disorders
Signs and ways to help
- ASHA - Speech/Language development of school age child
Types of disorders serviced in the school setting
- ASHA - Questioning Feeding or Swallowing Disorders
Identification, causes, types and treatments of swallowing disorders in children
- ASHA - Who should be screened for a hearing loss?
People of any age can be screened for hearing loss.
- ASHA - Early Detection of Speech/Language & Hearing Disorders
- ASHA - Children's Speech & Language Disorders
Early detection of speech/language disorders...
- ASHA - Typical speech/language Development
Information regarding expected speech/language development in children.
- ASHA - Disordered Speech/Language Developoment
Children's disordered speech and language development
- ASHA - Hearing Loss in Children
Causes, detection and complications...
- ASHA - Hearing overview
Topics ... loss and prevention
- Reading Rockets - Phonological Development
Milestones of "word awareness"
- Reading Rockets - Effects of Hearing Loss
The critical nature of hearing in speech/language development...
- Reading Rockets - Speech/Language & Hearing
Learning the sounds of language by listening and speaking.
- Reading Rockets - Vocabulary
Vocabulary ... words children must know to communicate effectively... instruction, the relationship between vocabulary and comprehension, and practical to introduce new, exciting words to kids.
- Reading Rockets - Early Literacy Development
Infants, toddlers and preschoolers develop of oral language and pre-literacy skills that will help them become readers.
- Reading Rockets - Parent Info
Parent Engagement & Home Support
- Reading Rockets - Phonemic Awareness
The ability to notice, think about, and work with the individual sounds in words and the predictability.
- Reading Rockets - Oral Language
The benefits of hearing more words spoken at home...
National American Speech-Language-Hearing Association