2020-2021 Food Service Update

We are excited to welcome everyone back to school for the 2020-2021 school year.  This year will pose challenges for students, families, and staff due to the Covid-19 pandemic.  To abide by the social distancing rules set forth by the CDC, we have made changes throughout classrooms as well as in the cafeterias.  Our food service team will work to make sure all students are served meals as seamlessly as possible.  To make this happen, we have made adjustments to where meals will be served.     

Virtual Students:  Students that will be learning virtually are still eligible to receive meals, however, to do so, you must contact Darla Fleischman by email or phone. dfleischman@spencer.k12.wi.us  or 715-659-5347 ext 1040.  If you do not call or email to sign up for meals, we cannot assure you will receive meals. These meals will be charged to your account as paid, reduced, free. Pickup is curbside only. Here are the times to pickup Monday, Thursday, Friday is at 7:30 a.m.—8 a.m. and 9 a.m.—10 a.m. Wednesday will be done on Tuesday. No meals served on Wednesday

All grades K4 through 12th  Breakfast will be served in the classroom , will  be charge to the family account according to paid, free, reduced is free breakfast.

Free/Reduced Lunch:  In order to qualify for Free/Reduced Lunches, you MUST complete and return a Free/Reduced Lunch form before the start of school.  This form can be obtained at any of the school offices including the district office.  If you need assistance, please contact Frankie Soto at fsoto@abbostford.k12.wi.us  or 715-659-5347 ext 1040 or Darla at 715-659-5347 ext 1040 

The Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act requires the information on this application. You do not have to give the information, but if you do not, we cannot approve your child for free or reduced price meals. You must include the last four digits of the social security number of the adult household member who signs the application. The last four digits of the social security number is not required when you apply on behalf of a foster child or you list a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Program or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) case number or other FDPIR identi?er for your child or when you indicate that the adult household member signing the application does not have a social security number. We will use your information to determine if your child is eligible for free or reduced price meals, and for administration and enforcement of the lunch and breakfast programs. We MAY share your eligibility information with education, health, and nutrition programs to help them evaluate, fund, or determine bene?ts for their programs, auditors for program reviews, and law enforcement officials to help them look into violations of program rules.

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for bene?ts. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To ?le a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_?ling_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

Email: program.intake@usda.gov.     This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


Back to School News      Print News Article